The Bibliography Section is making a call for papers for the IFLA WLIC in Helsinki on the theme:
What is a national bibliography today and what are its potential uses?
Proposals may include, but are not limited to the following topics:
- What should be in a national bibliography in the digital age?
- Is our common understanding of the terms “National Bibliography” and “National Bibliographic Agency” drastically changing?
- Official and commercial national bibliographies and the new models of bibliographic information
- Dissemination of national bibliography data and emerging needs arising from the semantic web
- National bibliographies and authoritative data: how to provide trusted data in a national bibliography? (role of authority files, repositories, lists of codes, etc.
E-mail proposals should be sent, no later than February 1st, 2012 to:
- Please indicate in the subject line “IFLA 2012 Helsinki proposal”.