From 3-5 May members of the Public Library Standing Committee were in Paris for the mid term meeting. What a warm welcome that beautiful city and our hosts extended to us. Committee member Annie Dourlent had arranged a rich program and we were able to visit three wonderful libraries during our stay:
- Bibliothèque Marguerite Duras
- Bibliothèque Louise Michel
- Bibliothèque publique d’information.
In our meetings we discussed (among other things):
- the session Exploring an e-book future for the WLIC Congress in Singapore that the Public Libraries Section is co-hosting with Metropolitan Libraries
- the results of our survey on the words you’d use to describe a public library
- our satellite for the 2014 WLIC Congress
- our strategic direction.
Needless to say we also enjoyed the culinary delights that this beautiful city has to offer.
Our thanks to Annie for all the hard work in pulling the weekend together and for the library staff who gave us such interesting and engaging tours of their facilities.