One of the most interesting resource that will sure catch your attention is WebJunction.
WebJunction is a program of OCLC Research, it was launched since 2003 and has helped more than 140,000 learners build the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver transformational services to their communities.
WebJunction is free and open to all libraries to use, regardless of size, type or location. It is so rich in content as it includes a variety of self-paced, web-based training resources (about 372) available for free for all library workers and volunteers.
What you need as a new learners is to create an account when you log on https://learn.webjunction.org/, after that you will be able to explore the self-paced course and webinars. It is worth mentioning that certificates of completion will be available after completing the course or webinar.
WebJunction course catalog includes the following topics:
- Access & Equity (15 webinars)
- Children (20 webinars & 4 self-paced courses)
- Collections Management (24 webinars & 5 self-paced courses)
- Customer Service (7 webinars & 2 self-paced courses)
- Health (19 webinars)
- Marketing (14 webinars)
- Older Adults & Seniors (5 webinars)
- Outreach (9 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Programming (21 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Readers’ Advisory (4 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Reference (11 webinars & 2 self-paced course)
- Teaching Patrons (15 webinars)
- Young Adults & Teens (12 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Advocacy (7 webinars)
- Assessment, Evaluation & Planning (25 webinar)
- Budgets & Funding (10 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Friends, Trustees & Volunteers (6 webinars)
- Organizational Management (23 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Space Planning (5 webinars)
- Making Space for Active Learning (3 self-paced course)
- Active Learning and Community Discovery introduces the concepts of active learning and placemaking, and the tools and process for community discovery.
- From Discovery to Design builds on the results of the community discovery process, adapting design thinking approaches to arrive at an actionable idea and a space ready for transformation.
- Action Planning and Implementation takes the planning through the steps of making the space and service transformation happen.
Staff Training & Development:
- Create & Deliver Training (8 webinars)
- Manage Staff Development (9 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Personal Growth & Development (13 webinars & self-paced course)
- Alternative Basic Library Education (ABLE) Program (13 self-paced curses)
- Collection Development Sequence (5 self-paced courses)
- Technical Services Sequence (4 self-paced courses)
- Public Services Sequence (4 self-paced courses)
- (D4L) Online Teaching and Learning Skills for Library Workers (7 self-paced course)
- Technology (19 webinars)
- eBooks & Devices (10 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Social Media (12 webinars & 1 self-paced course)
- Media Smart Libraries: Building Partnerships to Support Children in a Digital Age (3 self-paced courses)
- Module 1: Media Literacy for Children & Teens
- Module 2: Film Education & Production for Youth and School Librarians
- Module 3: Computational Thinking and Coding.