I am very excited to announce a free bilingual Spanish/English conference – Seguimos Creando Enlaces 2021: Civic Engagement in Action – which will be taking place online over two days from March 25th-March 26th 2021 from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm US-Pacific Time each day.
This mini-conference is part of the Library 2.0 Worldwide Virtual Conference series, which was started in 2011 and was founded based on many of the principles of civic engagement. Civic engagement is all about making a difference in the civic life of our communities and about promoting the quality of life in a community. Civic engagement activities range from voting to volunteering as well as other activities that benefit society. Libraries are an essential part of helping communities thrive and libraries have a key role to play in engaging with individuals and groups to help them participate actively in civic activities.
This mini-conference differs from the typical Library 2.0 Worldwide Virtual Conference in several ways.
- It is the first completely bilingual Library 2.0 conference ever offered since the conference series was founded. All sessions will be offered in both Spanish and English.
- The sessions are spread over two days instead of just one day; this is to accommodate the additional time it takes to translate content.
- This conference was a true collaboration of multiple organizations all working closely together to ensure that great content would be included and available in both English and Spanish. Library 2.0 Worldwide Conference Series is partnering with the Seguimos Creando Enlaces (Creating Connections) bilingual conference to bring it online; the conference is presented by the San José State University School of Information, Library 2.0 Worldwide Virtual Conference Series, Southern California Library Cooperative in partnership with the SERRA Library Cooperative, and the California State Library.
Registration is free, and attendees will have the option to view live presentations in English and Spanish. Sessions will be recorded and made available after the event.
Seguimos Creando Enlaces 2021: Civic Engagement in Action
- Who Should Attend: Librarians, library staff members and library school students from around the globe
- When: March 25 and 26, 2021
- Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific Time each day (UTC-7)
- Where: Online via Zoom
- Cost: FREE!
- Presentations and Speakers: Conference Schedule
- REGISTER NOW! (English form)
- REGISTER NOW! (Spanish form)
I hope you will be able to join the conference to learn about different perspectives related to civic engagement, meet colleagues from the US, Mexico and across the globe, and engage in interactive discussions through the virtual conference.