Hi, I have been a Library Director in Hässleholm’s municipality,Sweden now, for over 3 years now. I have many times been thinking about these questions:
- How long time does it take to prepare for making big changes or development in a Library organization?
- What do you think? What kind of experience do you have from your Library?
In all manuals or organizations theories and good advice from the consultants, shall and will changes take time. Of course have I been to impatient sometimes.
Since I begin to work in Hässleholm I have been waiting, preparing and working for 3 things:
- Reorganizing the staff into teams
- Start a Makerspace both in a room and also as a mobile
- Introduce a self- service Library in the municipality
And this year my goals will be obtained more or less.
The staff 24 people, is now divided in three teams which they could choose by themselves. The teamleader has responsibility for developing the activities in all our libraries .I can already see the difference in the work and a new power in the work in the Library . One of the group works with remaking a room to a Makerspace ( Skaparbibblan ) . We have bought a 3D printer to start with and this week we are going to open it.Yippeee !
Last week we signed the agreement for the first Library with self-service in one of my Branches.Looking forward to report about it.
Best wishes from Hässleholm and Sweden / Anette. Mjöberg.