The Subject Analysis and Access Section had a successfull meeting at WLIC 2018 in Kuala Lumpur. Our open session on Automatic indexeing was attended by 110 persons. The papers are available at the IFLA Library. We also plan to publish their presentation slides.
- JUNGER, Ulrike Automation first – the subject cataloguing policy of the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
- GOH, Rachael Using Named Entity Recognition for Automatic Indexing
- GHORBANI, Mahboubeh and TORKASHVAND, Fattaneh Lessons learned from Automatic Indexing Projects regarding to Persian Language Specifications
- BRYGFJELD, Svein Arne and WETJEN, Freddy and WALSØE, André Machine learning for production of Dewey Decimal
- HLAVA, Marjorie M. K. and RUSSELL, Judith C. and HANSEN, David “Win” Inverting the Library Cataloguing Process to Streamline Technical Services and Significantly Increase Discoverability and Search for Special Collections
From left to right: Jane Makke, Caroline Saccuci, Athena Salaba, John DeSantis, George Prager, Harriet Aagaard, Rehab Ouf, Elise Conradi, Sally McCallum, Jean Maury, Andreas Kempf, Chris Oliver, Ulrike Junger.