The theme for the Classification & Indexing Section’s Open Session at WLIC 2016 is:
“Reclaiming subject access to indigenous knowledge”
The Classification & Indexing Section will be hosting an open session during the 2016 conference in Columbus, Ohio. We are seeking papers that highlight innovative and effective ways of applying subject access to indigenous knowledge. The challenges involved affect not only libraries, but also archives, museums and other cultural institutions.
Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- Specialized metadata systems and bibliographic data
- Ontologies and schemas
- Obstacles to reliable subject access
- Socio-political considerations in subject access
- Applications of linked open data and the semantic web
- Structuring subject access to reflect indigenous cultures
- Memory, identity and choices of vocabulary
Deadline for submitting an abstract is 12 February.
More information is available at the WLIC 2016 website