The Academic and Research Libraries Section (ARL), with generous sponsorship by ExLibris and Sage, is offering THREE (3) Attendance Grants for the IFLA Congress in Singapore 2013 to an information professional from each of these regions:
- Latin America
- Asia/Pacific region
Each grant covers the registration fee of Euro 445 as well as support for travel and/or accommodation up to Euro 800. Please see the Conference website for further details.
Applicants must be able to attend the Congress and will be responsible for all other costs associated with Congress attendance.
The winners will be required to attend the ARL Hot Topics session to receive their certificates. They will also be required to take part in various publicity events during the conference, such as photo shoots and events organised at the two sponsors exhibition stalls. Their essays may be published on the ARL Section blog before the conference.
Recipients will be required to write a brief article about their Congress experience (approximately 500 words) for publication on the ARL Section blog within 3 months of the end of the Congress.
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- Applicants must declare they are able to fund all other costs beyond the grant that are involved in attending the Congress, e.g. all other hotel, travel and subsistence expenses NOT covered by the Grant.
- Those who have previously received this Grant (formerly known as Essay Contest) cannot apply again.
Your application will include:
(A) A covering letter providing:
- your contact details (e.g. name and email address)
- short summary of your employment and/or student status
First-time IFLA attendees, young professionals, students of Library and Information Studies (LIS) and those working in LIS jobs for the first time will have an advantage in the competition, so make sure you mention this if you belong to one of these categories.
(B) A written statement of up to 500 words (any non-English applications will be translated into English for the purposes of judging):
- how attending IFLA will benefit you in a personal and/or professional capacity, with reference to the 2013 theme of the conference
- how you intend to apply the benefits that you have outlined in a practical way after the Congress, either for you personally or for the library/information unit you work in.
- a budget/cost estimate for travel and hotel up to Euro 800, that would not normally be funded by other grants or your place of work.
Your application must be received by Friday March 1st, 2013
- All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- All applicants will receive notification of award status no later than May 1, 2013
Please send your application with your address, telephone number, and email address no later than March 1st 2013 to Ane Landoy:
- Via attachment in email – email@example.com
- Via facsimile – Attn: Ane Landoy – + 47 5558 9703
- Via post:
Attn: Ane Landoy
University of Bergen Library PB 7808N-5020 BERGEN Norway
This Attendance Grant is generously sponsored by both ExLibris and Sage
We humbly request your support in encouraging applicants to respond by forwarding the information to other list managers, colleagues and other associations.
Any translation of this request is also appreciated, particularly for the Asia/Pacific region, Africa and Latin America