Collaboration and networks in government libraries are the core issues for the session we are sponsoring in the next IFLA World Library and Information Congress – WLIC 2015, to be held on August 2015 in Cape Town, South Africa.
We welcome proposals from individuals and organizations interested in libraries and the information community within government structures, where collaborative experiences, methods and projects from government ministries, departments or at regional level can be shared.
Simultaneous Interpretation will be provided during the session. Presentations can be in any of the IFLA working languages.
Subjects of interest may include:
- Official collaborations amongst government agencies for a long term access to government information resources
- The impact of government library closures and the shaping of future library and information services within ministries
- Merging of library and information services
- Guidelines for management of government libraries networks
- Experiences of integrated and cost-effective library models in the Executive and Judiciary branches
Complete information -including submission guidelines- is available at the official site of the conference.
Let us hear from your professional experiences! The deadline for submissions is February 13, 2015.